Manny and Joce talk about their week in WoW before diving into BlizzCon speculation, the new Corrupted Titanforging system coming in 8.3, and the lore of Death Knights and their past, present, and possible future role in Warcraft, as well as your emails! All this and more on this week’s For Azeroth!
*Note: Manny and Joce recorded just before the forum post detailing Corruption went up, so some of the finer details in the podcast are incorrect.*
If you would like to support Extra Life, head to either The Gamers’ Inn Team Page, or Joce’s personal fundraising page!
This week Blizzard has released a floor-plan and an initial schedule for Blizzcon.
- Schedule has many “Coming Soon” time slots for unannounced presentations
- The number of panels that will be freely accessible has jumped this year:
- Opening Ceremony
- Esports Events
- Select Developer Panels including 4 of the “Coming Soon” Panels on the main stage
- The floor plan includes a number of notable areas including:
- Blizzard Arcade
- A large section for Overwatch and Warcraft Demos
- A large blank space near the Mythic Stage in Hall D
8.3 Titanforged Corrupted
In the latest PTR build the hopeful replacement for Titanforging is being tested.
- Items have a chance to get a beneficial bonus
- Your Avoidance is increased by an amount equal to X% of your Haste.
- Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by X%.
- Increases the amount of Mastery you gain from all sources by X%.
- Increases the amount of Critical Strike you gain from all sources by X%.
- Increases the amount of Versatility you gain from all sources by X%.
- X% of total Health Regeneration now continues during Combat.
- Increases your healing received from all sources by X%.
- Increases your Leech by X%.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to grant you a Flash of Clarity, reducing the cooldown of your next 3 spells cast by 2 sec.
- Increases the damage you deal with Critical Strikes by X%.
- Reduces your damage taken from periodic effects by X%.
- Most benefits seem to have 3 ranks.
- Each rank of benefit has a range of corruption that comes with it.
- Your characters corruption level is the sum of the corruption of all your items.
- Higher corruption adds additional detrimental effects and increases the severity of each detriment.
- A total of four side effects (debuffs) activate and grow in power at various levels of Corruption.
- Grasping Tendrils (10+ Corruption) – Taking damage has a chance to slow your movement speed for 5 sec. The magnitude of the slow increases with further Corruption.
- Corrupted Zone (20+ Corruption) – Your spells and abilities have a chance to create a corrupted zone at your location, dealing Shadow damage to you every 2 sec. The size and damage of the corrupted zone increases with higher Corruption.
- Grand Delusions (40+ Corruption) – Taking damage has a chance to summon a Thing from Beyond, which pursues you for 10 seconds. Its speed increases with further Corruption.
- Creeping Death (60+ Corruption) – Damage taken increased by 10% and healing reduced by 10%.
- Corruption also has a visual effect on your character causing them to grow darker and have glowing void effects.
- You can build a resistance to corruption
- New Essences have a bonus corruption reduction stat.
- The Heart of Azeroth has a Concordance-like infinite trait at the end of the talent tree that will give ever increasing amounts of resistance to corruption
- If you do not want the corruption on the item there are strings discovered by dataminers that suggest that the item can be cleansed for a cost.
- A new section will show on a character’s paper-doll screen which will detail your corruption, resistances and net total corruption
Recruit a Friend is Live
With this week’s reset, the revamped Recruit A Friend, system is now live. Community Manager, Bornakk took to the forums to herald the start of the new RAF. You can look back to episode #97 for our detailed breakdown of all the rewards.
What’s up with Death Knights? (SPOILERS Starting at 1:32:00, Ending at 2:04:40)
8.3 Spoilers and Speculation
- All Allied races, even Lightforged Draenai, have DK textures datamined from the 8.3 patch
- There are encrypted sound files for both Bolvar (3) and for Darion Morgraine (5), as well as an encrypted map
- New one and two handed swords have also been added, as well as an encrypted cinematic named “8.3 [DKI] Death Knight Intro – IGC”
- Finally, there is some broadcast text where Anduin and Jaina discuss Bolvar
- After talking about how the war has ended and the search for Sylvanas continues, Jaina turns the conversation to Taelia
- Anduin refuses to allow her to visit, not wanting to break her heart (new Mrs. Wrynn incoming?) with news of her father
- Jaina insists, telling Anduin that she will be more hurt by him lying to her if she hears about it from someone else
- Is this a new starting area for DKs?
- Will the starting level be changed to reflect the current story?
- If allied races can become DKs, how will that impact Heritage Armor?
- Why would Bolvar be creating new DKs?
- Will this be supported by the Ebon Blade?
- What would the rest of Azeroth think?
- Will some be created in his image, ie new spec, Fire DK?
- What of the new portal art?
- Why ICC if we can already get to Wyrmrest?
- How much of a role will Bolvar and the DKs play in the next expansion?
- ICC is a gateway between Azeroth and the Shadowlands as seen in the Jailer of the Damned quest (Vol’jin’s who the hell raised me quest chain)
Podcast (faz-pod): Download (Duration: 2:36:52 — 143.7MB)