This week Manny and Joce talk about the HD Jailer, the Warcraft survey, Shadowlands gear updates, and then dissect the final Shadowlands animated short. All that and more on this week’s For Azeroth!
9.0.1 in Background Downloader
- The prepatch data has been released for download. Speculation regarding when we will begin the pre-expansion is going wild.
- MMO-Champion Blog Post
CGI Jailer Teased
The cover of PC Gamer shows a Hi-resolution image of the Jailer. This has given rise to questions about another CGI short in the same manner as Old Soldier was in BfA.
Warcraft in Other Genres
Surveys have been sent out to some members of the community gauging interest in potential future projects.
- The survey asks how likely you would be to play the game if it became available and how well the game would fit in the Warcraft franchise.
- Potential genres included:
- Platform Adventure on mobile
- 4x Strategy on PC/Console/Mobile
- Tower Defense on Mobile
- Location-Based/Augmented Reality on Mobile
- Fighting on PC/Console
- Survival on PC/Console
- World-Building on Mobile
PvE Gearing Updates
A number of changes have appeared on the recent beta builds
- The last 2 bosses in Castle Nathria drop gear at a higher item level (+7)
- M+ rewards from the end of run chest now scale up to 210 which is lower than the 213 earned in Heroic Raiding
- The Loot in the weekly chest scales up to 226 for runs of 14+ or higher
- Duplicate will not offered in the Weekly Chest
- Dratnos has estimated rate of gearing through the Weekly Chest
- M+ weekly gearing will need approximately 22 weeks to have gear on par with Mythic Raiders at best
- Castle Nathria Raid Loot Item Levels
- Mythic + Loot Item Levels
- WatcherDev confirms no duplicates in Weekly Chest
- Dratnos Tweets
PvP Itemization Update
Kaivax took to the forums to outline the direction of PvP gear in Shadowlands.
- Conquest gear will always have versatility and one of the other three stats
- The PvP Trinkets will have a set bonus granting an increased throughput benefit from Versatility
- Still stress that some BiS gear can still come from other content