Checking in on 8.2.5 and WoW Classic, Paragon Reputation (the addon), should we abolish factions, and when was Mechagon supposed to come out? All this and more on this week’s For Azeroth!
8.2.5 Check in
8.2.5 continues to take shape on the PTR, as new builds are deployed. Here’s a run down on what has been discovered and one feature that is no longer in 8.2.5.
- Goblin and Worgen heritage armor no longer coming in 8.2.5
- Primary Stat Gems getting nerfed
- RAF is back
- Thex, Troll Shaman!
WoW Classic Next Week
On Tuesday August 20th, Blizzard host an AMA on all things Classic. MMO-Champion has provided a categorized run down of all the Q’s and A’s.
- The team has contingency plans to bring up more realms quickly if needed.
- Character transfers are considered to deal with high population servers.
- The full servers could have several hours of queue times.
- No maintenance for the morning after launch is anticipated.
- The team is committed to reaching one layer per realm by Phase 2.
- Layering is absolutely needed at launch initially because so many players will be clustered in the starting zones, which is a huge drain on server resources.
- The team will monitor activity and reduce layers as necessary during launch so the world feels full.
- Capital Cities sometimes felt empty during beta at times because they would test the layering system and then leave the layers instead of reducing them.
- The team wants to avoid using realm caps and login caps.
- The team is confident they addressed the bug of switching layers randomly during beta.
- Accepting an invite from a player in a different layer is the only way to change layers, and it doesn’t happen immediately.
- PvP has a longer delay to transfer layers so you can’t use it to escape combat.
- You can no longer use logout to transfer layers. Your layer assignment now persists for a few minutes between logout.
- The plan is to have the servers up and ready before launch so the “enter world button” lights up right at launch time.
- Raid resets are restored to their original 1.12 value.
- Free realm transfers are an option to address population issues.
- Phases are universal among all servers.
- AQ Gate opening will have the same amount for turn-ins.
- The Halloween Holiday event and others added in 1.8 will play out as they did then.
- You should be able to enter most lower-level dungeons with up to 10 players, as was possible in Original WoW 1.12. There are some dungeons that had specific caps by the end of Original WoW however. To be specific, all lower level dungeons available through Maraudon should have a player cap of 10, with Blackrock Depths, Scholomance, Stratholme, and Dire Maul being capped at 5 players. As was the case in Original WoW 1.12, Blackrock Spire should also have a cap of 10 players.
- Hunters were the hardest thing from Classic to recreate.
Paragon Reputation allows you to see how much rep you have towards the reputation chest beyond the first.
- Paragon Factions on the Reputation Frame now displays their current paragon standing instead of the filled exalted bar.
- Removed the Bag on the side of the reputation bar for Paragon Factions until there is a reward available.
- Interface Options to customize the addon.
- Toast Window that will warn you of an available paragon reward.