This week Joce and Manny take a look at the recent bans doled out by Blizzard, the World First race in CoS, and the BlizzCon announcement. They also cover the addon LootRaffle, Anduin’s role in Garrosh’s Trial and how he dealt with Varian’s death, and finally take some of your questions from Discord.
This week Blizzard has issued a wave of suspensions to players who were detected using injector programs.
- The suspensions were an average of 180 days, though some were reported to be permanent.
- Blizzard reversed this wave and instead issued warnings to all affected players.
- At this time, it is reported that Korean players hit by this wave are still banned.
- The exploit was used by bot programs but also by injector programs which hit a large amount of people who were not necessarily doing something malicious.
- Injector programs changed client side assets which modified and switched out things you would see in the world but not anybody else; however, these programs are still against the ToS.
- Common uses were making the player character taller, adding high resolution textures to armour, or other relatively harmless things that did not affect any other player.
- Malicious uses included making the flag in a battleground extremely easy to spot, having anchor weed nodes shine a beacon of light up into the air, or other alterations that allowed you to gain an unfair amount of information.
- Blizzard only checks to see if the client side has been altered through an exploit. They do not see exactly what players are doing with the exploit.
The World First Race Continues
The world first race continues as guilds across all regions fight to claim the first kill on Mythic Uu’nat.
- A flurry of hotfixes on April 25th, 29th and the 30th have nerfed various aspects of Uu’nat but also crushed two cheese strategies on The Restless Cabal (one of which Joce hypothesized last episode)
- At this time Method has reported a 2% wipe so this might end at any time.
- WoW Reddit Megathread
- Wipe % tracker
Blizzcon and Gamescom
A day after last week’s show Blizzard announced Blizzcon tickets sales, and confirmed the date for this year.
- Friday November 1st and Saturday November 2nd
- Tickets on Sale May 4th at 10:00 am PDT and May 8th at 7:00 pm PDT
- 3 levels of passes
- Standard for $229 USD
- Portal Pass for $550 USD
- Benefit Dinner $750 USD
- Online waiting room opens approximately 30 minutes before on-sale time
- People will randomly pulled from the waiting room to complete their purchase
- Commemorative Statues of an Human Footman or an Orc Grunt
Blizzard also announced that they will not have a presentation at Gamescom, stating that they are focusing on development.
Loot Raffle is an add-on that streamlines sharing your unwanted loot with teammates.
- Start a raffle at any time by typing /raffle [Item Link]
- Automatic raffle prompt when looting an eligible item
- Automatic detection of class proficiencies
- Automatic trading with the winner
- Raffle start and end announced in chat
- Multiple simultaneous roll windows
- Multiple roll buttons (Need/Greed)
- Class set-piece filtering
- Player distance detection and auto-retry trading
- End roll as soon as all eligible players roll or pass
- Trinket main-stat filtering
Podcast (faz-pod): Download (Duration: 2:18:22 — 126.7MB)