Happy New Year everyone! FAZ is back, with Joce and Manny discussing all your WoW news, as well as describing all the M+ Affixes and how to deal with them, before looking at the lore of one of BFA’s most prominent characters, Varok Saurfang.
Get Your Crit Together is looking for a few good players!
Looking for a dedicated healer and ranged dps to round out the roster.
Raid Times: Tuesdays and Sundays from 10:30 ET – 12:30 ET
Contact: @SivPlaysGames or @JocePlays
The Bloodbeast Bug
Over the holiday break Blood Beast family became tameable by hunters but not in a manner anyone expected.
- The WarcraftDevs account tweeted a hint on how to learn to tame blood beast on Dec 21st
- A Hunter obtained the tome by hearthing out of Heroic Zul fight
- Hunters flooded PUGs and became the enemy of LFG
- Blizzard concedes and hot-fixes the tome to be 100% drop to anyone who defeats Zul on Normal difficulty or higher
- Originally the tome was coded to drop when Heroic Zul was defeated with a 100% hunter raid
- People are now complaining it is not available on LFR
- Blizzard’s Original Intent
Strange Happenings in Arathi
After the 8.1 patch some but not all of the quest NPCs have been afflicted with debuffs akin to affix modifiers seen in M+. Modifiers seen so far have been:
- Unstable: enemies explode after being defeated
- Deadly: Enemies take 50% increased damage but deal 100% extra damage
- Charged: Emit bolts of Lightning when struck
- Cursed: Upon death you are inflicted with either of 2 min non-dispellable:
- Curse of Frailty (stacking 5% stamina reduction)
- Curse of Feebleness (stacking 10% increase to damage taken)
- Ferocious: Additional haste and movement speed. (reported by Jared of Merely a Setback)
- Redditor TheWishBlade also noticed this and posted additional debuffs: Chaotic, and Sorcerous (no description given)
- r/wow inquiry
Dazar’alor Raid Details Announced
Raid Unlock Schedule:
- January 22 – Normal and Heroic Difficulties
- January 29 – Mythic and Raid Finder Wing 1:
Siege of Dazar’alor (Alliance) // Defense of Dazar’alor (Horde)
- February 12 – Raid Finder Wing 2:
Empire’s Fall (Alliance) // Death’s Bargain (Horde)
- February 26 – Raid Finder Wing 3:
Might of the Alliance (Alliance) // Victory or Death (Horde)s
- Official Blizzard Release Announcement
Mythic Plus Affixes and You! (Begins at 49:10)
Capping off a series of Dungeon Guides, today I want to go over the affixes in mythic plus and how to handle each. There are 5 different affixes that appear at 4+ and 7+, Tyrannical or Fortified which appear at 2+ and the seasonal affix which comes into play at any key that is 10+ or higher.
- Fortified: Non-boss enemies have 20% more health and inflict up to 30% more damage.
- Tyrannical: Boss enemies have 40% more health and inflict up to 15% increased damage.
Level 4 Affixes:
- Bolstering: When any non-boss enemy dies, its death cry empowers nearby allies, increasing their maximum health and damage by 20%.
- This can stack
- The range of the bolster effect is 30 yards
- Bursting: When Slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 5% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks.
- Immunities can clear stacks
- Gaining new stacks will refresh the duration
- Raging: Non-boss enemies enrage at 30% health remaining, dealing increased damage until defeated.
- Druids and Hunters can remove the enrage effect
- Use stuns or kite when enraged enemies become dangerous
- Sanguine: When Slain, non-boss enemies leave behind a lingering pool of ichor that heals their allies and damages player.
- Tank controlling mob positioning is key to dealing with this affix.
- Remember to silence casters so that they will move out of pools.
- Teeming: Additional non-boss enemies are present throughout the dungeon.
Level 7 Affixes:
- Explosive: While in combat, enemies periodically summon Explosive Orbs that will detonate if not destroyed.
- After 6 sec cast explosives detonate, dealing 50% of each players maximum HP.
- Explosives are immune to AoE can not be cleave on to; but, can be cleaved off
- Explosion can be LoS’d to avoid damage when there are too many orbs to destroy
- Grievous: When injured below 90% health, players will suffer increasing damage over time until healed above 90% health.
- Necrotic: All enemies’ melee attacks apply a stacking blight that inflicts damage over time and reduces the healing received.
- 9 second duration refreshed by each new application
- Drops upon leaving combat
- Skittish: Enemies pay far less attention to threat generated by tanks.
- Threat redirection abilities of Rogues and Hunters are still effective.
- Quaking: Periodically, all players emit a shockwave, inflicting damage and interrupting nearby allies.
- Quake goes off 2.5 seconds after appearing
- You are hit for 20% of your health per quake, so do not stack circles.
- Volcanic: While in combat, enemies periodically cause gouts of flame to erupt beneath the feet of distant players.
- Volcanic Plume deals 40% of a player’s max health upon eruption
- You have 2 sec to move out of the circle before Volcanic Plume erupts
Podcast (faz-pod): Download (Duration: 2:06:06 — 115.5MB)