Back after a couple of weeks off, Manny and Joce dive into everything new in WoW. They talk about general BfA feelings, the Tides of Vengeance announcement and other WoW news, the story of Nazmir, strategies for the Underrot dungeon, and finally take an email about content accessibility at the end of an expansion.
Tides of Vengeance Announced
- Story-Driven Content
- Continuing the War Campaign, Incursions, New World Quests
- Characters brought back into the Story: Saurfang, Tyrande, Vol’jin
- Heritage Armor for Main line races!
- Initially for Blood Elves and Dwarves.
- Racial Questlines
- New Warfront
- The Battle for Darkshore
- Night Elves vs Forsaken
- Structures are actually based on those races!!! (queue Joce squeal)
- Max level Darkshore Update
- New Island Expeditions
- Jorundall and Havenswood
- Adding more variety (as alluded to in the Reddit AMA.
- System updates to all Islands
- New Raids
- Siege of Zuldazar
- Unique Raid for the factions
- 9 Boss raid: 6 Bosses in the main raid, plus 3 bosses as a recounting of the events from the other side.
- Crucible of Storms
- 2 Boss Raid (a la Throne of the Four Winds)
- Underneath the Shrine of Storms
- Coming later in the patch after Zuldazar Raid
- Supporting Storyline content to explain the raid to Horde
- Siege of Zuldazar
- System improvements
- Class updates
- New Azerite Traits
- New Professions Recipes
- Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon
- Reputation account wide and restrictions eased for alts
- Kul Tiran and Zandalari Troll will become playable
- Complete the War Campaign
- Be Exalted with the appropriate faction (in game now and not a new one.)
- Twitch VoD of Anouncement
- Clarifications on Account Wide Rep
Warfronts, the wait continues
We have moved into a new part of the Warfronts cycle.
- At the end of last week, both the European servers and the North American Servers reach the end of their contribution turn in phase for Warfronts.
- The Horde was given 7 days to queue for the scenario
- 370 loot is granted from a quest, 340 loot is given each time you complete the scenario
- The group you are with matters
- Hotfix: 320 ilvl now required to join
- Developer Insight into Warfronts
Mythic Uldir and Raid Finder Wing 1 Unlocks
The ultimate difficulties in raiding opened up this week.
- Wing 1: The Halls of Containment
- Taloc, M.O.T.H.E.R, Zek’voz
- Requires ilvl of 320 to join
- Drops ilvl 340 gear
- Method has won the Mythic World First Race!
- Limit captured World Second only hours later.
- The hurdle of Fetid Devourer.
- Fetid Devourer’s damage, and the health of Corruption Corpuscle and Mutated Mass have been nerf 3 times in Mythic difficulty which allowed teams to start clearing that hurdle.
- Brewmasters being the most popular tank
- Top teams bringing 5 healers for Zek’voz and Vectis
- Official Blizzard Article
- Mythic Leader Board (Horde) // Mythic Leader Board (Alliance)
- Raider IO Mythic Rankings
BfA’s Mythic Keystone Arms Race
Members of Kjell’s Angels completed the a Mythic 15 in time 2 weeks ago. This week, Method answered back and completed a 16.
- 15+ Atal’dazar (Fortified, Sanguine, Necrotic, Infested)
- Completed in 00:29:23 (Under time by 37.675 sec)
- Protection Paladin, Mistweaver Monk, Subtlety Rogue, Affliction Warlock, Arms Warrior
- 16+ Freehold (Tyrannical, Bursting, Skittish, Infested)
- Completed in 00:32:17. (Under time by 3 min, 43.097 sec)
- Vengance Demon Hunter, Restoration Druid, Assassination Rogue, Frost Mage, Balance Druid
- Esports News UK Interview
- Raider IO Report for 15+
- Youtube Video of 16+ Freehold
- Raider IO Report for 16+
The Underrot is a 4 boss dungeon with normal, heroic, mythic and mythic keystone difficulties. This guide will cover mechanics for the mythic bosses. Some mechanics discussed will be less impactful or absent on lower difficulties.
Single Phase encounter that is focused on avoiding or interrupting her abilities to keep damage low.
- Heal through the healing absorb of Taint of G’huun then dispel the DoT
- Interrupt Bloodbolt
- Sidestep Creeping Rot
- Kill the Blood Effigy adds quickly
- Step out of Sanguine Feast
Cragmaw the Infested
Single Phase fight that requires high movement and quick reaction time.
- Run over Blood Tick Larva quickly to prevent them from becoming Blood Ticks
- Kill any Blood Ticks that do spawn quickly to prevent the Serrated Fangs DoT from stacking on the tank. These adds explode for party wide damage when they die.
- Tank faces Cragmaw away from party to limit damage from Indigestion. (Frontal Cone that deals high shadow damage and spawns Blood Tick Larva.
- Players will need to watch for Charge, which will charge at the location of a player and knockback anyone in the path. Spawns Blood Tick Lava along path so stay close to the boss.
- Use movement speed abilities to quickly cover ground and kill Blood Tick Larva spawned by Tantrum. Use defensive abilities to reduce damage during the channeled ability.
- Zancha will create Spore Pods around the area. Coming in contact with a pod will cause it to explode and put Decaying Spores on anyone within 8 yards.
- Whenever Zancha reaches 100 energy, he will cast Festering Harvest. This will burst all active pods, deals damage for each pod detonated this way, and applies a stack of Decaying Spore to the party for each pod detonated this way.
- Zancha will cast Shockwave on the tank. This deals damage in a cone in front of Zancha and will destroy any Spore Pod hit.
- Upheaval will target 2 non-tank players and place a ground effect underneath that player. After a second the patch will explode dealing damage to any player within the area and destroying any pods within the area.
- Volatile Pods will create several mushrooms around the area which will explode and send out spore clouds across the area.
- Boss can not be directly harmed because of its Blood Barrier ability. Instead the boss will gain energy instead of taking damage.
- At 100% energy, the boss will spawn 2 Blood Visage minions. The Blood Visage has no abilities and only melees
- The Unbound Abomination will target a random player and cast Vile Explosion. It is a frontal cone that will deal damage to anyone within the cone and leave pools of corruption.
- The pools of corruption will deal ticking damage to anyone standing within them and will often transform into Rotting Spores which will fixate on a random player. If the Rotting Spores touch any player they will deal a large amount of damage and form a new pool of corruption.
- Throughout the fight The Unbound Abomination will place stacks of Putrid Blood on the entire party. This is a magic effect that can be dispelled.
- Titan Keeper Herzel aids the party throughout this fight.
- He will DPS Blood Visage adds when they are active.
- He will cast Cleansing Light which will remove all stacks of Putrid Blood from a player as well as all players within 10 yards. It will also clear all Vile Corruption pools within 10 yards of the player.