This week Manny and Joce talk about PTR and beta changes, and then they dissect the second of four Shadowlands animated shorts. All that and more on this week’s For Azeroth!
PTR Stress Test
On September 4th, the Zombie Invasion will return to the PTR for a stress test.
- Zombies now instantly die if they fall from higher than 10 yards. Jumping on an incline will deal 20% of their maximum health in damage.
- Ghoul NPCs only stay alive for around a minute, with a maximum unconfirmed spawn cap of 14 zombies.
- Ghoul NPCs can no longer attack either players or NPCs, so no more unwanted turning into zombies.
- Players can only attack Ghoul NPCs if they are PvP flagged.
- A new debuff renders Exile’s Reach recruits immune to zombie bites and blight effects.
- Power of Invasion might adjust over the course of the event.
- Special Items have been added to the loot tables of Rares
- Blue Post Announcement
- Zombie Changes
The GCD Unpruning!
Several abilities from almost all classes have been removed from the GCD (DH is the one missing). The focus has been on Burst Cooldowns which are primarily intended to give a temporary bump your throughput in either damage or healing. This is not a full reversal of the BfA changes but has been mostly met by jubilation!
- Death Knight
- Pillar of Frost, Empower Rune Weapon
- Berserk, Celestial Alignment, Incarnation: Chosen of Elune, Incarnation: King of the Jungle, Ravenous Frenzy
- Aspect of the Wild, Coordinated Assault, Trueshot
- Arcane Power, Icy Veins
- Serenity, Storm Earth and Fire
- Avenging Crusader, Avenging Wrath, Crusade, Holy Avenger
- Spirit Shell
- Adrenaline Rush, Shadow Blades, Vendetta
- Ancestral Guidance
- Dark Soul: Instability, Dark Soul: Misery
- Avatar, Recklessness
Bring the Class not the Player
Many player items that emulated class abilities will not continue into shadowlands or have been significantly nerfed.
- Drums have been nerfed to grant 15% Haste (down from 25%) compared to the classes which grant 30% Haste
- War-Scrolls now only grant 3% of a stat (down from 5%) and do not work for players over level 50.
- The same level restriction has been added the the engineering resurrection item: Unstable Temporal Time Shifter
- Speed Potions have had the level cap added and the new potion only grants 70% movement speed (down from 150%).
Tangentially, Covenant bonuses in dungeons have been adjusted.
- Necrolord Buffs in Plaguefall received across the board buffs
- Kyrian Buffs in Necrotic Wake had the throughput portion of the buff reduced by 75%
- Venthyr Buff in the Sanguine Depths have had the duration increased but the potency reduced to 3% (down from 5%)
- Covenant Dungeon Adjustments
- Full list of Covenant Dungeon Buffs
The Cool Other Stuff
The latest build 35755 included a number of items to round out what will be offered in the new expansion. Below is a quick list of things, I found interesting but is in no way inclusive of all that has hit the beta this week.
- You can level faster in the latest build!
- Legendary items can have their ilvl upgraded
- Glyphs have been added that make Druids travel forms randomly selected each time they shapeshift
- The process of rejoining Covenants you have abandoned has been added!
- PvP gear can be upgraded with Honor Points but the ilvl is capped by renown.
- Class balancing for many classes
Focused PvP Testing
Duelist, Gladiators and fighters of all stripes are being encouraged to join in on focused PvP testing that started with the latest beta build.
- New Arena: Empyrean Domain
- Gear scaling has been added to PvP maps
- The Test Resource Distributor now grants Honor currency to buy from the PvP vendors
- PvP Trinkets are now purchasable
- Feedback Links