Manny and Joce dive into the latest Beta build, chat raid testing, Shadow Priests, the Gates of AQ, and guild rewards. All that and more on this week’s For Azeroth!
Big Beta Build
A new beta build has been released on testers who don’t care about the build number.
- Previous Characters have been wiped copy characters over or use a 50 template
- HUGE power difference between premades and raid geared copies
- Hunters gain additional pets to tame:
- Courser (Joce can get new unicorn pets)
- Undead/Skeletal Beast (undead by default others w/ item)
- Cloud Serpent (with purchasable item)
- Weekly chest requirements adjusted:
- Mythic now requires 1, 4, and 10 Dungeons (down from 1, 5 and 15.)
- Item level for the dungeon rewards are determined by the highest/ 4th highest/ and 10th highest key completed
- PvP now requires 125, 350, and 875 Conquest Points acquired
- Further easing of transmog restrictions:
- Artifact Weapons are class wide (from earlier build)
- Wands can be mogged into other weapon types
- Balancing of Soulbinds
- All Soulbinds will have 3 potency Conduits
- Unique Traits for many Soulbinds have been buffed or nerfed
- Kleia’s Cleansing Rites shield now last indefinitely (up from 30 sec)
- Mikanikos’ Sparking Driftglobe Core can now occur every minutes (down from 5 min)
- Plague Deviser Merilth’s Ultimate Form now only renders you immune to cc while channeling and for 4 seconds after instead of the ENTIRE DURATION of Fleshcraft.
- New Legendary effects added
- Rogues and Druids gain new effects for all specializations
- General effects added that can be used for all classes
- Development Update Notes
Shadow Priest Changes
Shadow Priests finally get their time in the light as the team has implemented large changes to the core mechanics of the class.
- Voidform is now a CD that in it’s base form no longer has the sanity draining mechanic but that play style has been preserved in a new talent: Legacy of the Void
- The ramping haste has been removed from Voidform
- Devouring Plague has been compressed into a 6 second duration with bug fixes to allow it to benefit from haste and critical strike.
- A new passive ability, Dark Thoughts now can proc instant cast Mind Blasts that can be cast while channeling Mind Flay or Mind Sear.
- Linxy’s Post
With the new “Chromie Time” leveling experience coming in Shadowlands, Heirloom gear is being reworked.
- As we reported previously, heirloom gear will no longer provide a boost to experience gains and will instead have a set bonus.
- (2) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by 30%.
- (3) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons and battlegrounds.
- (4) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% primary stat for 2 minutes. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 additional minutes.
- (6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by an additional 30%.
- Trinket, Necklace, and Weapons will not count towards the set bonus; but, retain equip and on-use abilities.
- The Draught of Ten Lands will be capped at level 50.
- All other experience boosting potions will be rendered useless in the prepatch.
- The Monk Enlightenment buff will now interact with rested XP
Raid testing continues this week with another 4 encounters in Castle Nathria. The Final two bosses of Heroic Difficulty were tested earlier today and Mythic testing kicks off tomorrow. Due to the wipe of the characters on the beta, testers will be able to speak with an NPC inside Castle Nathria to temporarily bind themselves to one of the four factions.
- Thursday, August 6th
- Artificer Xy’mox – Heroic Castle Nathria 13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)
- Sire Denathrius – Heroic Castle Nathria 14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST)
- Friday, August 7th
- Hungering Destroyer – Mythic Castle Nathria 13:00 PDT (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CEST)
- Lady Inerva Darkvein – Mythic Castle Nathria 14:00 PDT (17:00 EDT, 23:00 CEST)
The Gates of AQ
It has been a momentous time in WoW Classic as the AQ event exceeded expectations in many different ways.
- There was tales of griefing by guilds on both factions and between both factions raising concerns about collusion
- Players attempted to abuse the reporting system to invoke automated bans
- The Ten Hour War
- Was totally bypassed on at least one Chinese region server allowing instant access to the raid. The early access proved to be highly bugged and a hotfix was deployed.
- On a NA server the war continued for 13 hours, was then hotfixed; but, continued on for a 14th hour
- Players who had their bans overturned organized kill squads in backlash to prevent their adversaries from claiming any reward. This 10 hour conflict spilled into Tanaris in order to prevent any alliance player from reaching Silithus.
- AQ40 was crushed both on NA and EU realms
- 38 minutes total by NA guild ONSLAUGHT
- 49 minutes total by EU guild Progress