This week Manny and Joce talk about the passing of Reckful and the role platforms need to play in preventing bullying, before moving on to the WoW news of the week, and the Shadowlands Alpha. All this and more on this week’s For Azeroth!
Streamer Reckful has Passed Away
Byron “Reckful” Bernstein took his own life this morning after a long battle with mental health issues, exacerbated by bullying on Twitch.
The Gates Open
After completing the second stress test on the PTR, an official announcement has been made for the Ahn’Qiraj content.
- July 28th with server reset
- Quest chain to craft the Scepter of the Shifting Sands
- Server wide resource turn in for the war effort
- Official Blue Post
Have you not already blown too much money on the Steam Summer Sale?! Well Blizzard is offering discounts on several items on its online store.
- Sale continues through to July 19th
- 60% off BfA both Standard and Digital Deluxe
- 50% off on select Mounts, Pets and Toys
- Sale Details
More Accounts Banned
Kaivax took to the forums to give some detail about the continued actions against accounts.
- Over 40 000 accounts since June 17th
- Approximately 2000 – 3000 accounts per day
- Accounts found to be botting, hacking or selling in-game services for real money
- The Ban Wave Continues Unabated
A large amount of data came with this week’s new alpha build: 34972. The majority of the build seems to be voice work and cinematic as we move closer to a possible beta release.
- New Dungeon available for testing: the Spires of Ascension
- Tyrannical M+ revised to no longer increase the health of boss’ adds.
- Demon Hunters were the targets of this week’s reworks with changes focused on talent diversity.
- Legendary Abilities added in strings for Priests and Shamans.
- Changes and adjustments for covenant abilities were applied.
- Combat and Utility potions have a 5 min CD that ignores combat.
- Professional Journal will increase your skill in a profession by 5 points with a 1 week CD.
- New models datamined including a Frog Duck and character customization
- Pelagos’ pronouns have been revised to respect his identity
- Tyrannical Affix nerfed
- Demon Hunter Changes
- Combat Potion Changes
- New Models
- Pelagos’ Pronouns
Neonpenguin (via twitter)
What can we do for gold making in an economy that is turning down ahead of a new fall expansion launch?