This week Manny and Joce talk all news, all the time, featuring your questions and thoughts about Visions of N’Zoth! All this and more on this week’s For Azeroth!
Visions of N’Zoth is Live
The new patch is live! Joce and Manny share their first impressions and experiences.
- Opening Cinematic Analysis
- Anduin blames Wrathion?
- Anduin Corrupted?
- Can Wrathion be Trusted?
- Intro Quest Chain
- Introduction to Assaults
- Introduction to Visions
- General First Impressions
- Do you feel behind if you can’t get absolutely every piece of new daily content complete in a day?
- Does it feel more, less, or about the same when you get a piece of gear that doesn’t have corruption or when you get the “wrong” piece of corruption compared to Titanforging?
- How much do you regret not playing a mage and not being able to port directly to the panda assaults?
- Do you think there’s enough going on in this patch to keep people engaged until Shadowlands?
- How cute are the Vulpera and when will you race change all of your toons over to them?
- Patch Trailer
- Intro Cinematic
The Shroud of Resolve
The day of the patch, Community Manager Kaivax detailed the progression of 8.3’s legendary cloak.
- Cloak is upgraded via items looted from the end of each Horrific Vision run.
- 1 – 5 from Main Boss chest (can not fail!)
- 6 – 9 from Medium Bonus Objective chest (you can fail!)
- 10 – 15 from Hard Bonus Objective chest (you can fail!)
- Rank 6: Steadfast Resolve – 3 min CD removes corruption effects and grants immunity for 6 sec.
- Rank 12: Draconic Empowerment – Proc that increases primary stat for 15 sec.
- Week 1 cloaks are capped at rank.
- Each week another rank is available.
- The March 17th reset will be the final cap
- Malefic Cores will further upgrade the Corruption resistance (by 3) up to a cap of 125 (not detailed in this post)
- Progression Overview
- Malefic Cores
Visions Loot Explained
There has been a lot of confusion about how exactly loot is rewarded from Horrific Visions. Community Manager Kaivax jumped onto the forums to outline the reward structure.
- Gear rewards are determined based on how deep you go into a Horrific Vision
- These milestones can only be fulfilled once a week
- Only 1 reward can be earned each run
- You will be given the highest loot you are eligible to receive
- Loot tracking is personal
- Visions Reward Milestones
The Bugs of N’Zoth
8.3 has had a rough start with several bugs and issues appearing in this first week.
- Auction House Issues
- Black Empire Coffer was repeated looted
- Players cannot leave the brawl (AGAIN)
- Alpaca group Farms nerfed
- The Eye of N’Zoth (which blocks your transmog helm) now only appears in BfA zones
- Mini-game sounds
- Slide whistle in Shell Game
- Chime to Gem Matching
- Poen Healing Circle NERFED
- Known Issues Thread
- Bans reversed
Season 4 Outlined
The Development Team outlined what we can expect as we move into the final season of Battle for Azeroth.
- Wing 1 Raid Finder requires ilvl of 410
- Cloaks do not drop in Season 4 weekly caches or in the Darkshore Heroic Warfront.
- Any items not updated for Season 4 can Titanforge up to 455, but can’t be Corrupted.
- New Profession Recipes become available
- Heroic Darkshore will become available
Complexity-Limit RWF Announcement
Limit has released details of their own streamed RWF
- 5 different guilds streaming: Limit, Pieces, Big Dumb Guild, Fat Shark Yes and Club Camel
- Not partnered with Red Bull
- Starts January 28th at 10 AM EST
- Announcement Details
New Shop Mount
Squeakers is this years CNY mount.
- Free to those with 6 month subs
- Super chibi (more mouse than rat)
- A few reports of players not on 6 months subs receiving the mount as a gift
- Fancy Trailer
Podcast (faz-pod): Download (Duration: 2:11:42 — 120.6MB)