This week Manny and Joce talk about the latest WoW news, and get you ready for 8.3, launching this coming Tuesday! All this and more on this week’s For Azeroth!
8.3 Patch Notes
- New races for Death Knights and new starting experience is available immediately upon patch day (for those who have pre-purchased Shadowlands)
- Past rank 15, Malefic Cores increase your Corruption Resistance by 3, to a maximum of 125 (should take about 30 weeks to get to cap, not counting potential increases in 8.3.5)
- Both the temporary immunity and the primary stat proc are on the cloak but come at later ranks (6 and 12)
- Deepwind Gorge Redesign: 5-point capture map in the style of Arathi Basin
- New Brawl: Teeming Islands: 10 v 10 PvP islands
- Mechagon Mega-dungeon split into Junkyard and the Workshop for M+ difficulty with many difficulty changes.
- New Illusions are available to collect
- Assassin Bounty Bags now contain the same loot regardless of which zone it was rewarded in.
- BoA Rep tokens are being added for Nazjatar and Nazjatar World Quests, Nazjatar World Bosses, and other Nazjatar zone events now reward more Prismatic Manapearls.
- Heart of Azeroth no longer has a maximum level and levels beyond 80 will grant the Heart of Azeroth increased item level and slight stat increases.
- Visions of N’Zoth Overview
- Official Patch Notes
- Legendary Cloak Preview
- Auction House Preview
Wowhead Interview with Michael Bybee and Steve Danuser
Wowhead talked with the WoW Teams Senior Game Producer, Michael Bybee and Lead Narrative Designer, Steve Danuser.
- 8.3 is all about N’Zoth and corrupted gear was conceived as top-down design rather than replacement for Titanforging
- You will see your first piece of corrupted gear as part of the day 1 intro but it will not be in dungeons until later
- There is a alt friendly skip for segments of the 2hr intro chain
- Allied DKs immediately available along with the new starting experience
- Xal’atath will return!
- The fall out of the war will continue
- Wowhead Interview
Method RWF Announcement
Method put out it’s announcement for the organizations Race to World First stream.
- 9 different guilds streaming across NA, EU, CN and OCE
- No news on Limit or Pieces streaming under Red Bull again
- 24/7 coverage with an unannounced commentator team
- Starts January 28th at 9 AM EST
- Announcing the Race to World First
Vestments for (almost) All!
Community Manager, Kaivax posted on the forum to clarify that any player who has purchased Shadowlands is eligible to get the quest for the prepurchase transmog set, the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler. While only players who purchase the Heroic or Epic Editions can summon the mount that begins the quest, eligible players can interact with the quest giver or the node on the mount to begin the quest.
Next Classic Phase Incoming!
The next Content Phase will be coming to WoW Classic on Wednesday February 12th.
- Blackwing Lair
- Lvl 50 Class Quests
- New Reputation Rewards
- Eternal Quintessence
- Darkmoon Faire – Setup starts on Friday, February 7, and the festivities opening on Monday, February 10
- Classic Phase Details
Joce’s 8.3 Survival Guide
- Complete your Mechagnome or Vulpera Rep
- Complete Worgen and Goblin rep if you’re looking for the heritage armor
- Collect all your Essences (new minor slot at 75, meaning you’ll need 4 total slotted into your neck, not just 3)
- Your Mechagon and Nazjatar rep essences are getting buffed, so try to hit Revered so you can buy them. Don’t bother pushing any further because rep will be easier next patch.
- Map Stacking
- Get your Treasure map this week and add it to the table Monday, then send troops out on Tuesday for 8.3 rewards
- Island Turn-ins
- These are the random drops you can find when completing islands
- Check the AH or farm for mats because recipes aren’t changing for next raid
- Get CE or AOTC if that’s something you’re aiming for
- Pet Battle Dungeons! Make sure you complete Deadmines, Wailing Caverns, Stratholme, and Gnomeregan if you want to try Blackrock Depths
- Get your legendary weapons, cause their appearances can now be transmogged
- Paragon Chests
- Cap out your neck (yes you!)
- Speccing for questing
- Min Maxing: Consumables, high-mobility, burst-dmg, set hearthstone, log-out location