This week Manny and Joce talk Visions of N’Zoth, Horrific Visions, and then they take your emails! All this and more on this week’s For Azeroth!
Visions of N’Zoth Approaches
Just after our last episode Team 2 announced that patch 8.3 will launch on Jan 14th (Jan 15th in EU)
- Jan 21st: Normal and Heroic Ny’alotha
- Jan 28th: Mythic and Raid Finder Wing 1 (Vision of Destiny)
- February 11: Raid Finder Wing 2 (Halls of Devotion)
- February 25: Raid Finder Wing 3 (Gift of Flesh)
- March 10: Raid Finder Wing 4 (The Waking Dream)
- Season 4: “shortly after the release of the content update.”
- Official Release Announcement
Season 3 Disrupted
A bug has caused the PvP Season 3 to end prematurely. Kaivax took to the forums to assure the community that this was unintentional. Earlier today the bug was fixed along with the realm restart.
- There will be rating changes and tier changes that were not retroactively applied to the disrupted season.
- Blue Forum Post
As 8.3 is expected to hit live servers SOON, let’s explore one of the key game play loops: Horrific Visions.
- Can be done solo or scaling in parties up to 5 players
- You will either mount a journey into a corrupted version of Stormwind or a dystopian reflection of Orgrimmar.
- Requires each member of the group to offer a Vessel of Horrific Visions
- You receive 1 Vessel for completing a N’Zoth Invasion
- Additional Vessels can be purchased for
- You initially have 1000 sanity which is drained in intervals different intervals based on your resistance.
- Some enemy attacks also drain sanity
- The expedition automatically ends when all members reach critically low Sanity or when you kill the main boss (Thrall/Alleria)
- Mini-bosses can be attempted before attempting the main boss
- You can use the Sanity Restoration Orb to create a recharging field
- Party members standing in the field will have their sanity restored
- Earn Corrupted Mementos from enemies and an end of run chest
- Rewards are improved based on major enemies defeated in the run and higher levels will contain additional currency used to purchase items from the Black Talon Quartermaster
- Mementos are used for Upgrades in the Titanic Research Archive