Manny and Joce cover the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, Classic Phase 2, and the 8.3 announcement and PTR testing, as well as your emails! All this and more on this week’s For Azeroth!
BlizzCon Virtual Ticket
- In game WoW loot right now
- Finduin Pet – For the Alliance!
- Gillvanas Pet – For the Horde!
- Wendigo Woolies Transmog Outfit
- Tyrande Symmetra, Illidan Genji in Overwatch
- BlizzCon 2019 Card Back, Mystery Golden Legendary Card in Hearthstone
- Starcraft skins
- Celestial Deepcrawler – Mount, BlizzCon 2019 Spray, BlizzCon 2019 Portrait in Heroes
- Viewing Parties
- Meltdown esports bars
- Opening Ceremony, November 1, 10:00 PDT / 19:00 CET
- fun trivia, exciting contests, unique photo opportunities, live tournaments, and meet-ups with local influencers.
- Prizes, ranging from the 15th Anniversary Collector Editions of World of Warcraft to figurines, apparel and other legendary physical and digital goodies.
- over 20 convenient locations across Europe, Canada, and Panama
Wow Phase 2 Changed
- Dire Maul is coming to World of Warcraft Classic on October 15th and will be released ahead of Phase 2.
- The Honor System and World Bosses are still coming with Phase 2.
Layering in Classic
- Many realms are now on a single layer
- Blizzard will denote which realms still have layering at the realm select screen
- Full/High/Medium/Low markers will only be for realms that are permanently set to one layer
- More free character moves to balance populations and manage login queues will be coming
8.3 Visions of N’Zoth Revealed
On Monday, Ion Hazzikostas presented the initial reveal stream for patch 8.3: Visions of N’Zoth.
- The upcoming battle against N’Zoth is the first time we face against an Old God at full power.
- We are going to Ny’alotha, the realm of the Old Gods.
- Ny’alotha is a dimension overlayed on our own and separated by a thin veil. N’Zoth will breach that veil to send nightmares and visions of the Old God horrors into reality.
- Titan facilities across Azeroth are the focus of N’Zoth with minions attacking these locations.
- Periodically, the Old God’s minions will breach reality and attack Uldum and The Valley of Eternal Blossoms.
- The team is combining lessons learned from previous assault features and recent major zones.
- During these assaults you can pass through to the other side into a Vision of the zone completely overtaken by the Old God
New Feature – Horrific Visions
- 1-5 player content, centered around Orgrimmar and Stormwind, that show us an alternate reality of what might come to pass if we don’t succeed.
- At first you will not be able to progress far in a Horrific Vision. Your mind will succumb as N’zoth assaults your very sanity.
- The player will experience cosmetic and mechanic issues as your sanity is drained by being in the vision.
- Screen blacked out periodically during one run
- A quasi-quake afflicted me in another run
- You will be forced out but you take everything you have gained during the run.
- You’ll be working with Wrathion to create a legendary cloak.
- The cloaks will allow you to venture further into the visions, earning more rewards and unlocking more of the mystery behind his power.
- The cloak will also aid you against N’zoth.
- You’ll collect items in the vision to allow MOTHER to research, giving you new tools for the battle.
- Titanic Research will help you in future visits to the Visions.
- Ever since the Mage Tower, the team has been looking for a solo progression experience that provides challenge.
- The experience will scale from 1-5 players, regardless of your role.
New Raid – Ny’alotha, The Waking City
- 12 boss raid that takes us into the heart of the Black Empire.
- Many huge spoiler bosses!
- N’zoth makes up the final 2 encounters.
- New Armor Sets
Heart of Azeroth
- New levels for the Heart of Azeroth, bringing passive benefits and a new essence slot.
- The new essence slot can be filled with new essences from Patch 8.3 content.
- Assaults on the Titan facilities could affect Titanforging, with a new system that is a little bit more twisted and corrupt.
New Allied Races – Vulpera and Mechagnomes
- Vulpera requires completion of the Vol’dun quests and Exalted with the Voldunai.
- Mechagnomes require Exalted with Mechagon.
New Heritage Armor
- Goblin and Worgen
Auction House Redesign
- Faster and more performant, no single stacks.
- People can now purchase portions of a stack
- Create shopping lists and favorite items.
- No need to undercut anymore, as auctions posted later (at the same price) are sold first.
Heroic Darkshore Warfront
New PvP season
New Mythic Keystone Affix – Corrupted
- Black Empire Obelisks that you can interact with. Pulls you into an alternate world, defeat the Lieutenant and return to reality wherever you are standing when he is defeated. This allows you to do some interesting skips. If you don’t take care of the obelisks, the minions will come find you at the final boss of the dungeon.
Blackrock Depth Pet Dungeon